The European Solidarity Corps is the new EU initiative to foster solidarity in Europe. Since its launch in December 2016, more than 40.000 young Europeans have already signed up to take part in this unique experience. In order to meet the expectations of these young people, we need your support!
What is it all about?
The European Solidarity Corps is about providing young people with enriching solidarity-related experiences through which they make a contribution to society, while developing their skills and employability and gaining an invaluable experience. Additionally to volunteering activities, it offers opportunities for jobs and traineeships in solidarity-related fields across Europe. You can find more information on the European Solidarity Corps here: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity_en
Two projects led by the Italian and French Public Employment Services have been kick-started earlier this year in view of identifying and offering solidarity-related jobs or traineeships in another EU country to up to 6000 young people from the European Solidarity Corps. Selected participants will be able to get a short professional experience in another country whilst engaging in a broad range of activities in areas such as healthcare, social integration, environmental protection, assistance for migrants and refugees, or food aid.
What is in it for you?
- The European Solidarity Corps offers you a unique opportunity to become part of an EU-wide movement that supports solidarity as a shared value between citizens, organisations and Member States.
- Organisations or employers willing to host a Corps participant and offer an occupational placement can benefit from the pool of thousands of young Europeans with diverse skills and competences, who have expressed their motivation and willingness to work in solidarity sectors around Europe.
- EU funding covers, amongst others, travel costs of the young person and an Integration Programme to support parts of the costs incurred by the organisation or employer (e.g. training, mentorship, etc.).
What can you do to join in?
If you are an organisation or potential employer that can offer a job or a traineeship in a solidarity-related sector, please come forward by contacting the two projects mentioned above via the following websites/email addresses:
- FR-led project (Pôle Emploi): https://escorps.eu; firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT-led project (ANPAL): anpal.gov.it; email@example.com
If you represent a network or another body active in the field of solidarity or that may contribute to European solidarity, please spread the word and share this message so that we can together multiply the number of job and traineeship opportunities that may be offered.
Many thanks and kind regards,
Your European Solidarity Corps team